Happy Gardening Program
Supported program for people with disabilities.
We are very excited to now be offering supported Happy Gardening Program at The Davis Farm.
Sessions are 2 hours run once a week.
Sessions will be on Tuesday from 1pm to 3pm.
New days and times will be offered in the future.
- Physical and health wellbeing in a fun and social setting
- Learn how to grow their own food
- Organic pest management
- Improve their fine motor skills
- Learn new skills
- Meet new friends
Attendees will require a level of mobility.
As a working farm there are uneven surfaces, and although we are working towards more accessibility, you will still need to be able to move around the farm. If you are unsure, you are more than welcome to visit and check before signing up to the program.
Program sign ups will be for a term (8 week program) Once booking in you will be required to pay for the 8 week block even if you don't attend some of the days.
Core and capacity skill development for clients
Compassion and caring
Confidence and bravery
Social and interpersonal skills
General health and wellbeing
Understanding of food production
Mindfulness and calm
Fun, enjoyment, smiles and laughter
- Bathrooms (we have a portaloo but also have a toilet available inside the house for anyone with accessibility difficulties.
- Fresh water available, refreshments and light morning tea provided.
- Wet weather will still be going ahead with adapted programming (unless torrential)
- There is no age limit
- Clients are required to bring a support worker or person. If you feel you are able to attend without a support worker please provide those details below.